CPCS A35 CRAWLER/TRACTOR SIDE BOOM COURSE
This A35 Crawler/Tractor Side Boom course will allow candidates’ to competently and safely operate a Crawler/Tractor Side Boom, alongside passing the CPCS Practical and Theory tests.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for site travel & lifting duties.
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Programme / set-up Rated Capacity Indicators for lifting duties.
- Lift various loads using full radius capabilities.
- Accurately place loads.
- Minimize the swinging of loads.
- Move loads through machine travel.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Prepare the side-boom in preparation of movement post-lifting duties.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
DURATION OF TRAINING
See Training Guidance
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook.
- Ability to travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures.
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads.
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course.
ATS Group Ltd, Lillie Annie House, Silchester Road, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 3PZ.
OTHER CPCS COURSES
Looking for other courses or categories? please click here to view our full list of CPCS training courses.
CHECK A CPCS CARD OR QUALIFICATION NOW