CPCS A37 Trencher Course
This A37 course provides a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Trencher and to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Produce cut trenches in various types of ground
- Produce consistent depths of cut in level and uneven ground
- Cut trenches up and down inclines
- Explain techniques for radius cutting
- Place materials into transporting vehicles
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
DURATION OF TRAINING
See Training Guidance
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
ATS Group, Lily Annie House, Silchester Road, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 3PY.
OTHER CPCS COURSES
Looking for other courses or categories? please click here to view our full list of CPCS training courses.
CHECK A CPCS CARD OR QUALIFICATION NOW