CPCS A39 Skip Handler
SKIP HANDLER COURSE AIMS
This course aims to provide thorough practical and theory training in operating as a Skip Handler; and to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Carry out full pre-start and running checks
- Prepare Skip Handler for travel
- Mount skip/body and travel over a defined route, to include uneven terrain/sharp cornering
- Pick up fully loaded skip/body and secure
- Travel with load and tip load at specified point
- Reverse vehicle and deposit skip body into a confined space
- Recover a loaded skip/body with restricted headroom
- Travel to park position, shut down and secure
- Safety awareness
- Maintenance and pre-start checks
- Identify all components, controls and gauges
- Set vehicle for site and road travel
- Travel machine over varying types of terrain
- Discharge loaded skips/containers
- Manoeuvre vehicle in confined areas, using forward and reverse direction
- Position vehicle to pick up skips/containers within height restrictions
- Pick up and place skips of various size and weights
- Ensure load integrity and secure load with sheeting/netting
- Place vehicle in an out-of-service condition
DURATION OF TRAINING
See Training Guidance
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
Your own venue (must meet CPCS specifications).
OTHER CPCS COURSES
Looking for other courses or categories? please click here to view our full list of CPCS training courses.
CHECK A CPCS CARD OR QUALIFICATION NOW