CPCS A61 Appointed Person – Lifting Operations
APPOINTED PERSON COURSE AIMS
To provide thorough practical and theory training in order to become an Appointed Person in Lifting Operations; and to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Legislation ‐ LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice ‐ BS7121 part 1 and BS712 part 3
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation ‐ crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duty charts
- Crane terminology
- Site access and egress
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Rated Capacity Indicators (RCI’s) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Selection of lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and use
- Mode factors for accessories
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles
- Planning a lifting operation
- Writing a risk assessment (End test)
- Writing a method statement (End test)
DURATION OF TRAINING
See Training Guidance
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
Your own venue (must meet CPCS Specifications).
OTHER CPCS COURSES
Looking for other courses or categories? please click here to view our full list of CPCS training courses.
CHECK A CPCS CARD OR QUALIFICATION NOW