CPCS A02 CRAWLER CRANE COURSE
This A02 Crawler Crane course will allow candidates’ to competently and safely carry out the role, alongside passing the CPCS Practical and Theory tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, as well as with relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel.
- Travel the crane to an area of work.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Prepare the crane for lifting duties.
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures when fitting a lattice-type extension.
- Describe actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Programme/set-up rated capacity indicators for lifting duties.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane.
- Accurately place loads; minimise the swinging of loads.
- Change falls of rope on a hook block.
- Move loads through machine travel and comply with signals and instructions.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Prepare the crane in preparation of movement from lifting duties.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
DURATION OF TRAINING
See Training Guidance
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook.
- Ability to travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures.
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads.
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course.
Your Own Venue (Must meet CPCS specifications)
OTHER CPCS COURSES
Looking for other courses or categories? please click here to view our full list of CPCS training courses.
CHECK A CPCS CARD OR QUALIFICATION NOW