First Aid at Work Course Overview
The course is suitable for those staff who must obtain a First Aid At Work certificate and become designated First Aiders in their workplace. The course will provide comprehensive coverage of a range of scenarios that require First Aid, as set out below.
What does it cover?
- Assessing the casualty
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition and treatment of illness
- Transportation of casualties
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy etc.
- Place pads an follow instructions of an AED (defib) unit
First Aid at Work Course Objectives
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment
- Understand employer duties and legislation
- Maintain first aid records
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- React to a wide range of scenarios that require first aid
On completion of the course, candidates will receive a certificate and card approved by the leading awarding organisation, Qualsafe.
To find out more information and to see other Health & Safety courses, please click here.
To read more about HSE guidelines, please click here.