Harness Awareness Course Overview
Harness Awareness Training is a crucial competency for any operative who carries out any work at height within their role. The correct practices must be adhered to ensure care, attention and maintenance is given to what are essentially lifesaving skills and actions.
Who should attend?
This Safety Harness Training Course is aimed at anyone who needs to use a safety harness as part of their works.
Aims and objectives of the course:
On completion, delegates shall understand the requirements of the Work at Height Regulations (2005) and safe practices for use of a safety harness.
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand regulation
- Know how to inspect a harness
- Know how to adjust a harness
- Know how to read manufacturer’s instructions
- Know why an emergency action plan needs to be in place
- Know what Lanyard/Inertia reel to be used