Health and Safety for Homeworkers Training This training course is designed to provide a good grounding in general health and safety for those who work from home.
As the number of individuals working from home continues to rise, it’s important that home working employees are able to carry out their duties safely. Therefore, it’s essential that they understand the health and safety hazards in their homes and know what controls are needed to manage them effectively.
This course details the most crucial aspects of health and safety present in the home, including display screen equipment (DSE), manual handling, fire safety, and electrical safety. It also covers wellbeing and mental health and the importance of communication when home working.
who should attend this?
This course is suitable for anyone, at any level of any business who works from home, either wholly or partly. This includes both full- and part-time staff.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand why health and safety rules and regulations are important.
- Know your employer’s health and safety duties and your own responsibilities.
- Recognise the safety hazards that are commonly present in homes and know how to create a safe working environment.
- Understand how to prevent and manage slips, trips and falls.
- Know how to correctly and safely set up a display screen equipment (DSE) workstation and your work environment, so as to prevent discomfort.
- Understand the importance of carrying out manual handling activities with care.
- Know how to use electrical equipment safely and prevent fires from starting.
- Understand what first aid provisions you should consider.
- Understand how to prevent work-related stress and promote positive mental wellbeing.