Heath and safety awareness Course Overview:
The aim of this course is to ensure delegates who are to be working in the construction
industry understand why they are carrying out their identified duties, what is expected of
them and how they can contribute to the safety of the work place.
The unit also requires the learner to demonstrate sufficient general knowledge through a multiple choice written assessment.
There are six learning outcomes to this unit. The learner will be able to:
1. Understand the need to prevent accidents
2. Have an understanding of health and safety law
3. Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
4. Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
5. Appreciate the need to perform safely, and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
6. Report unsafe acts to prevent accidents
Guided learning hours:
It is recommended that 7 hours should be allocated for this unit. (This is a 1 day course)
Details of the relationship between the unit and relevant national occupational standards:
This unit is linked directly to the CITB Site safety plus scheme.
Endorsement of the unit by a sector or other appropriate body:
This course is the foundation course for those wishing to obtain an industry accreditation
card e.g. CSCS labourer card.