Manual Handling and Lone Working Course Objectives This practical workshop is designed to give delegates an understanding of Manual Handling and its importance in the workplace, along with combining an awareness of lone working and how to control the associated risks.
- Legal requirements
- What is manual handling?
- The spine and types of injuries
- HSE guidance figures for lifting
- HSE guidance for push/pull
- Lifting techniques
- Practical & written assessment
- What is lone working? (as defined by the HSE)
- What are the hazards with each type of lone working
- What controls can be used to reduce the risks
All delegates will be actively encouraged to take part in tutor lead discussions to reinforce learning and understanding.
On completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
This course is Suitable for all employees.