CPCS A06 Concrete Pump (Truck Mounted Boom)
CONCRETE PUMP COURSE AIMS
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a 180 degree Excavator (below 5 tonnes) and to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, alongside other relevant regulations and legislation
- Explain all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks (host vehicle and pumping unit)
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel the vehicle to an area of work
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Position and configure the vehicle for pumping duties
- Deploy the outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Arrange, anchor and secure all pipes and lines
- Confirm a given mix is able to be pumped
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures
- Direct the loading/mixer vehicle to position
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Pump and control materials accurately to the desired pour location
- Explain how blockages occur and give solution methods
- Maintain safe working situations
- Complete end-of use cleaning procedures
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
DURATION OF TRAINING
See Training Guidance
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
Your own venue (must meet CPCS Specifications).
OTHER CPCS COURSES
Looking for other courses or categories? please click here to view our full list of CPCS training courses.
CHECK A CPCS CARD OR QUALIFICATION NOW