The aim of the General Building Operations NVQ qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace.
This Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations -‐General Building Operations provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in general building operations to demonstrate their competence.
There is also a Level 2 NVQ Certificate in this occupational area.
The units in this qualification are derived from National Occupational Standards
The Level 2 Certificate in Construction Operations – General Construction qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work as a Construction Operative within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Laying Modular Pavement in the Workplace
- Laying Kerbs and Channels in the Workplace
- Setting Out Secondary Dimensional Work Control in the Workplace
To find out more about NVQs and our other courses, please click here.