By choosing to carry out the Loading and Securing pathway for your NVQ you will complete the following mandatory units:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Preparing for, and arranging and securing plant or machinery for transportation in the workplace
As well as these units, you will complete one optional unit:
- Preparing to and directing and guiding the movement of vehicles, plant or machinery in the workplace
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace
- Operating plant or machinery for nonoperational activities in the workplace
The L2 NVQ Certificate in Plant Operations – Loading and securing plant is a work based qualification for experienced workers.
Categories in this qualification route include:
- Arranging and Securing Plant ( Loader Securer )
- Directing and Guiding Plant ( Loader Securer )
Candidates will need to compile a portfolio of work-based evidence, along with an on-site assessment.
The qualification can take up to 6 months to complete, depending on work commitments, and you will be given high levels of support throughout the process.
If you already hold a Red CPCS Trained Operators Card achieving this qualification will gain you a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
To find out more about NVQs and our other courses, please click here.
For more general enquiries about NVQs, please click here.