A business is only as good as the staff it employs and develops. That’s why companies are continuing to invest in the right type of training that will equip the workforce with the right kind of skills needed to meet the demands of an increasingly competitive global economy. With this in mind, National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ’s) are work based awards, which means that most of the training can be completed in the workplace, minimising disruption to the working day. For some courses, especially apprenticeships, some day release training may be required.
- Official recognition of their knowledge, skills and competency to be able to do the job effectively.
- Motivation to progress within the business and achieve greater working capacities.
- Planned career development – NVQs start at level 1 and progress to level 8 within the QCF.
- A flexible route to becoming qualified.
- Increases self-confidence, instils a feeling of personal achievement
Below are the types of NVQ’s in which we offer, nationally:
The L2 NVQ Certificate in Plant Operations – Transporting Loads is a work based qualification for experienced workers.
Categories in this qualification route include:
- Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Boom Cherry Picker
- Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Scissor
Candidates will need to compile a portfolio of work-based evidence, along with an on-site assessment.
The qualification can take up to 6 months to complete, depending on work commitments, and you will be given high levels of support throughout the process.
If you already hold a Red CPCS Trained Operators Card achieving this qualification will gain you a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
To find out more about NVQs and our other courses, please click here.
For general enquiries about NVQs, please click here.