Plastering NVQ Assessment process
The process will start with an interview between you and your assessor whereby an action plan and timetable will be drawn up.
You will be required to gather and record evidence as indicated on your assessment plan and you would benefit from a work based recorder (Supervisor or foreman); this will help to confirm work which you have undertaken which an Assessor was unable to be present at.
Assessments will be at your work place whereby we will be observing you at work Plastering; we will examine and discuss any evidence you have provided. An assessor will sign off completed units, where sufficient quality and quantity has been provided, any shortfalls of evidence will be discussed and any training requirements identified. In between visits, you will continue to generate further evidence.
The units required to achieve 603/0307/4 NVQ Diploma in Plastering (Construction) – Plastering(Solid) are:
- M/508/6537: Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- T/508/6538: Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Y/508/6533: Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- T/615/1561: Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
- M/615/1560: Applying finishing Plaster to Prepared Surfaces in the Workplace
- M/615/1560: Applying Solid Render to Background Surfaces and Producing Finishes in the Workplace
Supported by ONE optional unit from:
- J/615/1564: Installing Direct Bond Dry Lining Systems in the Workplace
- L/615/1565: Laying sand and Cement Screeds in the Workplace
- D/615/1568: Applying Projection Plaster and Render, and Maintaining Equipment in the Workplace
- H/615/1569: Installing Mechanically fixed plasterboard in the Workplace
There is no time scale on achieving a Plastering NVQ. If your line of work allows, NVQs can be achieved in a relatively short space of time however, if the Plastering work you are doing is restricted or repetitive, the NVQ process can take longer because the opportunity to meet all of the required NVQ units will not be available to you.