Level 3 NVQ:
Construction Contracting Operations – Site Technical Support
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Site Technical Support qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Site Technical Support within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Operate health, safety and welfare systems in construction
- Prepare programmes and schedules of work in construction
- Develop and maintain working relationships and personal development in construction
- Implement contract work in construction
- Establish and maintain the dimensional control of construction works
- Operate project information systems in construction
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Prepare for, collect, analyse and present survey data in construction
- Prepare and process invitations to tender in construction
- Prepare estimates, bids and tenders in construction
- Record the condition of property in construction
- Prepare drawings and schedules in construction
- Prepare for work operations in construction
- Prepare for and carry out physical testing in construction
- Assess, plan, and monitor project methods and progress in construction
- Monitor, maintain and improve supplies of materials in construction
- Recommend and monitor supplies of plant and equipment in construction
- Prepare and monitor costs and accounts in construction
- Prepare proposals and obtain feedback for the provision of products and services in construction
- Integrate and control project design information in construction
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations qualification also has six associated pathways which you might be interested in viewing:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Estimating
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Buying
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Surveying
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Planning
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Design Co-ordinator
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – General
This level 3 qualification will give you a robust understanding of Construction Contracting Operations. This means you will learn the skills, knowledge and understanding required for you to enter work or progress onto the level 4 in Construction Site Supervision. You do not need any prior qualifications to undertake this level 3 qualification.
This qualification will enable and/or prepare the learner to progress in Estimating and on completion of this qualification, progress into employment in their chosen trade or on to one of the following Cskills Awards qualifications:
– Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Building and Civil Engineering
This qualification also sits within a Construction Apprenticeship Framework in England and Wales and can be taken alongside the following qualification in contribution towards achievement of a Level 3 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Contracting Operations.
– Level 1 Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities
To find out more about NVQs and our other courses, please click here.
For more general enquiries about NVQs, please click here.