The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management has been developed to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace. This Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Highways Maintenance and Repair provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in the management of highways maintenance and repair projects to demonstrate their competence.
The units in this qualification are derived from National Occupational Standards.
The Learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Development in a Construction-related Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
- Planning Highways Maintenance or Repair Activities in the Workplace
- Providing and Monitoring Construction-related Customer Service in the Workplace
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
- Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace
- Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
- Managing the Project Handover of the Construction Project in the Workplace
- Planning Tunnelling Activities in the Workplace
The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Highways Maintenance & Repair qualification also has four associated pathways:
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Building and Civil Engineering
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Conservation
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Demolition
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Residential Development
This Level 6 NVQ Diploma is a work-based qualification, meaning that we will send an Assessor to your place of work to observe you carrying out your regular work duties.
The knowledge aspect of your role will be assessed either by written questions and answers, or a professional discussion, or a combination of the two.
It is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace where learners have managerial responsibilities, technical skills and knowledge at a level required by the construction industry for their position. These should be across a broad range of activities with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy.
Successful achievement of the qualification will allow the individual to apply for a Black CSCS card.
The duration depends on individual circumstances, but normally takes 6-12 months.
To find out more about NVQs and our other courses, please click here.
For general enquiries about NVQs, please click here.